10 Tips For A Long Lasting Vehicle
I’m just going to come right out and say it: I am the WORST at taking care of my car. I’d usually wanna keep something like that to myself but hopefully I can help others who have been doing what I have.
I’m the type of person who just drives her car and waits for my dad, boyfriend or uncle to perform any necessary maintenance. Needless to say, I drive until something goes wrong. Don’t follow in my footsteps! Over the weekend my car started making some loud noises (I’m really technical, huh? haha) and basically its not drivable until I get it fixed. Do you think my car had oil or power steering fluid? Nope. I need to get it together!
Long story short, I’ll be taking “Sandra the Sonata” to the doctor this week with my fingers crossed that I didn’t do too much damage! Here are some things you should check on your car to keep it “healthy”:
- Tune up: This is based on your manufacturers instructions
- Align and balance: Have your car checked every 12,000 miles or anytime you feel any change in your steering such as vibrating or shaking. Come to think of it, my steering wheel is shaking quite a bit…
- Under the hood checks
- Waxing: Every 6 months
- Wash: Once a week. Eh…yeah I don’t know about all of that…
- Winterizing: Every two years
- Timing belt: If your car has one, you should be checking this every 60,000 miles or just follow the instructions from your manufacturer.
- Tire rotation
- Oil change