Beauty Tip Tuesday: DIY Sock Bun
A few months back, I shared on our Facebook page how to create your own sock bun. Well, since I have worn it a few times recently, more people have asked how I get the perfect, full bun on top of my head so I figured I would share it again.
For the Bun Maker:
- Grab a sock you don’t plan on wearing again
- Cut off the toe of the sock
- Roll sock into a donut shape
Creating your bun:
- Put hair in a ponytail
- Pull ponytail through your bun maker and wrap your ends around it
- Slowly roll the bun maker towards your head, spreading your hair to cover the bun maker as you go
- Tuck in any loose strands and make sure your bun maker is not showing!
- Tip: I used a white sock but for darker hair it’s usually better to use a darker colored sock so it is less noticeable if you have any slip ups!