DIY Glitter Shoes for Halloween
I’m going a little crazy with glitter this month as you may have seen in my Glitter Pumpkins post. There are so many easy crafts that can be done with a little bit of glitter so I just had to try a couple! I needed some bright shoes for my clown costume this weekend. Check out what I came up with.
What I used:
- Black Pumps
- Mod Podge from a local craft store
- Pink Glitter
- Sponge Applicator
- Old container for mixing
- Pour mod podge into your container.
- Add some glitter and begin mixing with your sponge applicator.
- Begin apply glitter mixture to your shoes and cover in full. Meaning, your shoes will be covered in mod podge and glitter mixture but you will most likely still see your shoes peeking through. See next step for clarity.
- Keep in mind two things: You’ll be applying more than one coat and your mod podge will dry clear.
- Do not apply your glitter mixture too thick. Since, you will be doing additional coat as your hoses dry, your shoes will be covered fully in glitter when you are finished. This is important because you want your shoes to look smooth, not lumpy.
- I let my shoes dry overnight. I applied a total of 3 coats of the glitter mixture to my shoes.
Have you ever tried anything like this? How did yours turn out?