We all eat and drive at some point. It seems harmless enough. But, it's dangerous. And, you will be surprised to find out why.

According to Autoblog.com, nasty germs that cause food poisoning, skin infections and vomiting infest your vehicle unless you clean it out at least once a week. Scientists took swabs and discovered the interior of the average family car covered with bacteria bacillus cereus, which triggers food poisoning, and staphylococcus, which leads to skin infections and food poisoning.

The bugs were found on the steering wheel, gear stick and door handles.

"Those who eat in their cars should treat it as an extension of their home and maintain the same levels of hygiene as they would in their living,"

If you think that eating from a toilet seat is gross, well eating in your car represents the same health hazards.

[via: Autoblog.com]