Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pizza
October is National Pizza Month. However, if I had it my way, every month would be National Pizza Month. Some call it a sickness. But, according to some ‘pizza facts’, I am not alone.
I found some interesting facts about pizza from “How Stuff Works,” “Franchise Help” and USA Today:
- 94% of Americans eat pizza regularly.
- 93% of Americans have eaten pizza in the last month.
- Pizza is America’s fourth most-craved food, behind cheese, chocolate and ice cream.
- Americans consume over 100 acres of pizza a DAY, about 350 slices per second. And that’s on a regular day* not Super Bowl Sunday or Halloween!
- Pizza accounts for more than 10% of all food service sales.
- 3 billion pizzas are sold in the United States each year, plus an additional one billion frozen pizzas.
- There are approximately 61,269 pizzerias in the United States. These pizzerias represent 17% of all restaurants.
- Frozen pizzas that could be purchased in grocery stores were first introduced in the United States in 1957.
- Halloween is the third busiest pizza day of the year, behind Super Bowl Sunday and New Year’s Eve.
I am curious what your favorite pizza in the Binghamton area is. What is your favorite?