Here Is How To Stay Healthy During Flu Season
Flu season is here, and I used to fight getting a flu shot every year because it always seemed that I got sick right after I got the shot.
But, that is not the case. And, in fact, one of the best things you can do during Flu season to keep from getting sick is to get a Flu shot.
According to The Daily Gazette, there are some things you can do to make sure you don't get sick this Flu season. Here are five ways to make sure you stay healthy this Flu season:
1. Get a flu shot. Everyone who's 6 months old and older should get a flu shot. It's especially important if you're over 65, or if you live or work around children or the elderly.
2. Wash your hands. Washing your hands frequently with soap and hot water helps to kill germs. Hand sanitizers like Purell should only be used if soap and water aren't available.
3. Stay home if you're sick. If you feel like you're coming down with the flu, stay home from work or school rather than risk getting other people sick.
4. Eat right. A good diet and a vitamin C supplement can help make your immune system stronger to ward off the flu.
5. Stay informed. Flu season is generally from October through May. And during that time, your state's Department of Health typically posts weekly surveillance reports to monitor the severity of flu season.
[via: The Daily Gazette]