Never Give Up On Your Weight Loss Journey
Not to step on the toes of the lovely Ms. Kiesha and her inspirational weight loss tips, but I thought I’d share a bit of my journey over the past few months and hopefully provide some inspiration of my own.
I had really let myself go. I knew I was overweight, but I guess I refused to see how overweight I really was. Then I went on vacation this past August and saw myself coming out of the shower in one of those huge hotel bathroom mirrors. Yikes! Reality had finally hit home that I was not in a good way with my body.
After doing some research I learned that I was nearly 70 pounds overweight. I was shocked. More importantly, I was disgusted with myself. Listen, I’m not here to judge people. If you are overweight and you are happy with the way you look then I will support you 100%. I don’t care what anyone looks like on the outside. I, however, was absolutely horrified with myself.
I’ve started the journey towards a weight loss goal. To date, I’ve lost over 40 pounds and I’m well on my way to my goal of losing those 70 pounds.
I’m not going to get technical here on what I did to lose weight because what I do may not work for you. I’m not a doctor and I certainly don’t have all the answers. I just want to inspire people to not give up. If you are not happy with yourself then it is up to you to make the changes. Life is rough and things come up that try to derail us. We can’t sit around feeling sorry for ourselves, we have to get back on the wagon and strive for our goals.
Yes, it’s been a lot of work for me but the results so far have been so satisfying that it has been more than worth the effort.
Just a few tips to keep you going:
- Have a plan and goals and stick to them.
- Research ways to keep your weight-loss going. This includes avoiding plateauing.
- Have a person you can exercise with and just talk to when you need to.
- Don’t see set backs as failures. Just get right back on that horse.
- Don’t make yourself miserable. Listen to your body. If you are grumpy all of the time it means you aren’t eating enough. Don’t torture yourself or you won’t want to battle on anymore.
- NEVER GIVE UP!