Recipe Of The Week – Salsa Verde Pork Stew
This looked really good to me! I could use some good soup since I am sick! Maybe I’ll try this or get someone to make it for me! Any takers?? lol
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds pork, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 serrano chilis, minced
- 2 pounds tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1-1/2 pounds tomatillos, husks removed and quartered
- In a medium casserole heat olive oil. Season pork with salt, pepper, and cumin and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally until brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add onions, celery, garlic, bay leaves and serrano chilis. Cook for another five minutes to sweat out vegetables. Add diced tomatoes, oregano, stock and tomatillos. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
For more info click here.