I love anything you can make in the slow cooker, so you will see me put lots of theses types of recipes up!I am always so busy with running the kids to lessons or practices that these are the perfect type of meals. You can send me your favorite recipe too at Tanya@Wild104FM.com
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 T hoisen sauce
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 T ketchup
- 1/4 tsp dry ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (more or less to liking)
- 1 T cornstarch
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together water, hoisen sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, ginger, and crushed red pepper.
2. If you aren’t using a liner for your crock pot, spray crock pot with cooking spray and add chicken. Add sauce on top.
3. Cook for 4-6 hours on low. Remove chicken and cut into chunks.
4. Whisk cornstarch in the sauce to thicken it up. If it isn’t quite to desired thickness, slowly add more cornstarch teaspoon by teaspoon. But be careful because it can thicken up fast.
5. Add chicken back to the crock pot and allow to heat through for another 15 minutes.
6. Serve over hot rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds if desired.