Tips On Sticking To Your New Year’s Resolution
Many make New Year’s resolutions but few stick with them for the entire year. It’s hard to change habits but here are five tips to help you stick to your goals.
1. Let your friends and family know what your goals are. This way they will help to hold you accountable and having others know will make you feel more motivated to reach your goals.
2. Know your triggers. For instance, if your goal is to lose wight and your weakness is fast food then pack your lunch so when your in a pinch at lunch time your not tempted to cave. Also if your drive takes you past your favorite fast food restaurant, then take a different route so eliminate temptation.
3. Think realistically. Don’t say you want to lose 50 pounds in a month a be upset when you don’t reach that goal. Set realistic life changes that will help you reach and attain your goals.
4. Don’t give in if you fall. So maybe you had a bad day at work and your kids aren’t listening and you end up eating that half gallon of double chocolate ice cream in the freezer. And you think to yourself “well I messed up so I may as well order that extra cheese pizza I’ve been craving”. NO! Oh well you had a weak moment and eat too much ice cream, don’t keep going and eating everything in sight. Just realize what set you off and try to replace it, maybe with a bath or coffee with a friend to vent. Then get right back on track.
5. Reward yourself. Maybe you want that chocolate cake after watching what you ate all week. Or it doesn’t have to be a reward with food. One of my favorite rewards is treating myself to a massage.
What are some of your tips that you use to help you stick to your resolutions?