Try This Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe
During the colder months I love making warm drinks as a treat! Sure, the packets of hot chocolate taste alright and since they are convenient they seem to be what we always grab. But why not try something homemade?!
I found this recipe from MarthaStewart.com and I'm really excited to try it myself!
Here is was you will need:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, this is optional as a little something extra!
- Put cocoa powder in your sauve pan and stir until your powder becomes a liquid and then add remainder. Add in the chocolate chips and stir occasionally.
- Bring to boil, contuning to stir occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in your vanilla and pinch of salt.
That's it! Pour in your mugs and add whipped cream and marshmallows if you'd like! I'll definitely be adding that to mine!