Why Couples Stay Together, Or Break Up
There are so many reasons why a couple stays together, and it varies from relationship-to-relationship, what a good reason is for one could be a terrible reason for another. All the same, the reason why a couple decides to break up is just as varying. Bustle has a great list to see if your reasons are the same as theirs.
Why people stay:
- Emotional investment because some people don’t want to feel like they wasted their time.
- Family duty which is huge for many people, they don’t want to split up because of their children.
- Financial benefits as terrible as that is to say, living together is more cost-effective than living apart.
Why people leave:
- Breach of trust because for some people lying and cheating is just too much to forgive.
- Lack of long-term prospects when your deal-breakers are no longer lining up (or never have) then it may be time to move on.
- Loss of attraction which is awful to openly admit to a partner, but sometimes this does happen in relationships.
There are so many reasons why people try to make it work, and just as many reasons why people decide that it just can’t work anymore. Whatever your reasons, just make sure you are doing what is right for yourself and your mental well-being.