There’s no doubt that people have different opinions when it comes to Facebook. No matter what your opinion is…there are certain things that you just should not do. Here we go:
- Shoutouts to your grandma who will not see the status. Example: “Happy 92nd Birthday to Grandma Smith! Hope you have an awesome day, love you!” I’m pretty sure your 92 year old Grandma doesn’t have a Facebook…give her a call and tell her what you just told us.
- Inappropriate photos. Example: smoking, drinking, giving the middle finger, half dressed, etc. You look foolish. But most importantly, employers do their research through social media…
- Constant complaining. Stop complaining and get up and do something to solve the issue.
- A vague status that prompts people to question you and you refuse to give extra information. Example: “OMG I can’t believe that just happened” Your friend comments “What happened?!” and you reply “I don’t want to talk about it”
- A status that states your agenda for the entire day. Most likely, people aren’t interested. BUT do you ever think that telling people exactly where you will be every minute of the day might make it easier for people to know when you are NOT home…do you see where I’m going with this?
- Which brings me to my next pet peeve. STOP POSTING PICTURES OF YOUR MONEY! It’s like putting a sign on your forehead that says “Here I am, rob me”
- Keep your personal lives private. Example: “I have the greatest boyfriend. Thank you for everything you do, baby. I love you so much!” Chances are you are sitting right next to them so turn around and tell them! …and the next day you change your relationship status to single…
- Hashtags are not for Facebook. Period. The only exception to this is when your Twitter or Instagram account is linked to your Facebook page. Otherwise, what purpose is your “#” serving? Do you even know?
- Stop “liking” the photos that say “Like this photo if you love your mom, keep scrolling if you don’t” . And PLEASE stop sharing those photos of abused animals and children. People are aware of these issues you don’t need to throw the photos in people’s faces.
- The fake name change. I’m pretty sure your mother did not name you Jenny ImSoFly Jones…
There’s a lot more to add to the list….
What do people do on Facebook that annoys you? I think this post deserves a Part 2…