Five Surprising Facts About Breast Cancer
This week, The Today Show featured a segment full of surprising facts about Breast Cancer. Here are some facts that some people may not know:
- The majority of females who get Breast Cancer do not have any family history of Breast Cancer. This was the case with my mother.
- Weight gain and obesity increase your chance of developing Breast Cancer.
- Breast Cancer is the most common cancer among women but not the deadliest.
- Breast Cancer can strike anywhere in the body. Meaning, it can start in your breasts and spread to other parts of your body which is called advanced or metastatic Breast Cancer.
- The mortality rate is 41% higher in African American women who have Breast Cancer than Caucasian women.
For more details behind these facts, check out the video below!